New Delhi, Sep 25 (IANS) While summer make-up tips offered a wide variety of playful and bright lip colours, eye make-up and vivid liners, make-up for fall looks are often deeper and darker.
Try smoky eyes in hues of purple, bolder lip shades and rose gold make-up is the best way to embrace the last warmth of the autumn days, says an expert.
Sheena Agrawaal, make-up stylist and image consultant, Urbanista Image Consultancy, has shared some make-up tips to try during fall.
* Smokey eye make-up: You cannot miss this fall smoky eyes. Swerve from the traditional black and charcoal hues in favour of bright colours. Purple looks perfect with any eye colour and it is one of the most advantageous colours for a glamorous evening look. As a rule, if you opt for distinct eyes, I recommend playing down with your lip shade.
* Stained lips: This fall you have to give a couple of bold colours a try. Matte, glossy, shimmering with the breath-taking variety of bold lip colours your lips will truly stand out. Try opting for deep ruby colours as they set off dark brown eyes and tanned skin.
* Rose gold make-up: Rose gold make-up is the best way to embrace the last warmth of the autumn days. This kind of make-up is soft, chic and completely autumn since it combines the crispness and the warmth of the season. While copper or bronze hues may look too orange on certain skin tones, gold looks fabulous on all skin tones. Cover your eyelids with rosy shadows and apply gold eyeliner to your upper and lower lashes. You can also blend rosy and golden hues for more striking effect.
* Dramatic cat eyes: While cat eye make-up is utterly universal and perfect for any season, it looks especially stunning in fall. Define your eye shape and understand what type of lines suit you best. Cat eye make-up is especially beneficial to close set eyes as it visually elongates your eye shape. For more dramatic look, use false eyelashes or apply thick layers of mascara. Not only will it add some intensity, but it will also give an eye lift effect.
* Classic neutrals: One of the greatest benefits of wearing nude make-up is that anyone could opt for this minimalistic make-up and still look fabulous. To begin with, hide all the imperfections with a light foundation and remove the excess lustre with powder. Apply a highlighter to the chin, cheekbones and forehead. Instead of using mascara, twist your eyelashes with tongs and apply shimmering shadows under the brows also in the inner eye corners. It opens the eyes and makes them look more appealing. Keep your lips simple or apply a little bit of lip gloss to the centre of your lips.
* Subtle brown shades: This fall do not forget about seductive, warm brown shades. Mild brown shades are perfect for almost all skin tones. Apply dusty brown shadows all over your upper lid and contour your eyes with deep black eyeliner. For more distinct look you can colour the lower waterline and then cover your lashes with a few coats of brown mascara. For an overall warm look, use bronzer and copper lipstick.