Kolkata, July 17 (IANS) On a day the Presidential election was held in its premises, a minor fire broke out in the West Bengal assembly on Monday.
The fire broke out in Education Minister Partha Chatterjee’s room at around 6.00 p.m. The Presidential polls were over at 5.
“The fire was seen from the split air conditioning machine in Chatterjee’s room. Four fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the blaze,” a fire department official said.
“It was a minor fire. It was possibly caused by a short circuit in the AC machine,” the official added.