Ghaziabad, Feb. 12 (ANI): With the police trying to gather information as to what happened to Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna, who was missing for 30 hours from Ghaziabad, the developments have been gradual but steady.
Here is the progress in this case so far:
1. Dipti Sarna was reported missing around 9 p.m. on Wednesday by her parents after she did not return home from work.
2. Snapdeal founder Kunal Bahl said the organisation was working with the Ghaziabad Police to locate her.
3. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had said the case is a big priority for the state police.
4. A manhunt was launched with almost 200 police personnel scanning through the area trying to find Dipti’s whereabouts.
5. Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Dharmendra Singh said that she took a shared auto and after it broke down, she moved to another shared auto where there were two men and a woman in the vehicle.
6. After a while, the auto took an unusual turn and when Dipti started to raise her voice, the men in the auto threatened the other female passenger at knifepoint to leave the auto.
7. Dipti was then blindfolded and taken to the Rajnagar Extension area and from there she was taken to an undisclosed location in a drive that lasted almost three hours.
8. Dipti told the police that she was not harmed in anyway by her alleged abductors throughout the night and that she was also fed by them.
9. The next morning, she was left at a railway station blindfolded after which she managed to board a train.
10. Throughout the ordeal, her captors did not speak to her and she could not make out their profiles as she was blindfolded.
11. Dipti, who was exhausted after her ordeal, managed to identify Narela station, which came after a couple of stops from her boarding point.
12. She managed to convince a fellow passenger to make a phone call where she called up her father, asking him to pick her up from the New Delhi railway station.
13. After she got down at the station, she managed to call her father again from a PCO.
14. Dipti’s father has maintained that the intentions of her alleged abductors were to harm her but they could not execute their plan due to pressure from the media and police.
15. Dipti is still recuperating from her ordeal. The police will interrogate her thoroughly once she recovers. (ANI)