New Delhi, July 8 (ANI): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday said that linking every death to the Vyapam scam was not justified and alleged that the Congress Party was attempting to tarnish the state’s image with their constant attack on his government.
Chouhan said this case has reached a logical conclusion.
“The truth is that the investigation is almost complete. Over 2,000 people have been arrested. But because people have been demanding a CBI probe, we have called for the same,” said Chouhan in an exclusive interview to ANI.
“I am concerned about each and every death that took place. I want the cause of each and every death to be investigated. But saying that all the deaths are connected to Vyapam does not make sense. We had also written to the SIT to probe the matter. Liking every death to Vyapam is not justified,” he added.
The Chief Minister also took a jibe at the Congress for demanding his resignation on the issue.
“The Congress is not concerned about the death of the people. They only want to taint the BJP’s image,” said Chouhan.
Chouhan further said that he would be requesting the Supreme Court to call for a CBI probe into the cause of each death.
“The High Court has not given any decision on this as yet, but we had filed a plea with the High court on the same as they had handled the issue earlier. We have complete faith in the High Court, but we would also request the Supreme Court to call for a CBI probe into the issue,” he said.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court had earlier refused to entertain the state government’s plea for a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation into the deadly Vyapam scam.
The court said that it will wait for the Supreme Court ruling on petitions seeking a CBI probe in the multi-crore scam.
The apex court is expected to deliver its verdict on July 9 on four petitions seeking a CBI probe in the high-profile scam. At least 48 people have died in this scam.
Under relentless opposition attack, the Madhya Pradesh Government has filed a plea in the High Court for a CBI probe.
The next hearing on the government’s plea in the High Court will be on July 20. (ANI)