New Delhi, Jan. 11 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy, who is the complainant in the National Herald case, on Monday expressed his delight over two rulings by the court in his favour.
“Today, I got two favourable orders, one was that last time Mr. Sibal and the lawyers for the other accused wanted documents which I had submitted to the court to be given a copy of. Now, I did according to the order passed by the judge, I supplied all those documents which I had placed before the court. All the accused then refused to accept these documents, saying that in writing they have said that these documents are incomplete, so we will not accept,” he said.
“I told the judge, I don’t know which document has not been submitted. They should have mentioned which document is missing. This looks like they are playing for time. So, the judge looked at it and said that he was also not able to comprehend what is it that they have not got, so, therefore, you send them a registered post and let that be taken as completion of the process. So that was one good favourable order,” he added.
Swamy further said the second order was that he has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the accused were guilty.
“For that I will need documents which are with the government. I mentioned the Income Tax, I mentioned the Enforcement Directorate, I mentioned the Corporate Affairs Ministry, the finance ministry, Registrar of Companies and DDA. So, all these have documents connected with the case and I would like them to be summoned by this court under Section 91 of the CrPC. The judge looked at and read the Section 91 and allowed the application, and summons will be now issued once I pay the process fee,” he said.
The move by Swamy comes after the Delhi court had on December 19 last year fixed the matter for post-charge evidence in the case. The Gandhis have been directed to appear before it on February 20.
The Delhi court had examined four complainant witnesses during the pre-summoning stage. (ANI)