New Delhi, Sept. 9 (ANI): The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia released a statement on Wednesday, defending the diplomat who allegedly had two Nepalese women gang raped in his residence, saying all charges are false and baseless and also protested against the Gurgaon police for ‘intruding’ into a diplomat’s house.
“The Embassy strongly stresses that these allegations are false and have not been proven,” the statement read.
“The Embassy has also brought to the notice of the concerned officials in the Indian Ministry of External Affairs the unwarranted media briefing before investigations are complete, and has protested the police intrusion into a diplomat’s house against all diplomatic conventions,” it added.
The Embassy however added that it would wait for clarification from the MEA about the matter and wait for the outcome of the investigations into the allegations.
Nepal Ambassador to India Deep Upadhayay had said earlier that the embassy is in touch with the MEA and the local police authorities over the gang rape of two Nepali women at a Saudi Arabian Diplomat’s residence in Gurgaon.
“Nepal Embassy is in touch with MEA and local police authorities. The embassy understands that necessary investigation has been initiated. Upon learning of situation from local police, the Embassy sought help from MEA for rescue and necessary investigation of case,” Upadhyay said.
The Nepalese women, who were rescued from the Gurgaon residence of the diplomat, recounted their ordeal earlier said that ‘they were raped by five to six men.’
“They brought friends from outside they use to rape us when the family went out, five to six person use to come from outside and rape us inside the locked room. They use to threaten us of our life,” one of the victims said to ANI. (ANI)