Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) Director Sanjay Gadhvi, who directed the first two installments of the popular franchise “Dhoom”, says that he is open to directing another part but is currently working on something independent.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Indian Mobile Festival where he was a jury member, Gadhvi, asked if it was over for him with the “Dhoom” franchise, said: “Not really. Never say never. Nothing is over till it’s actually over. I’m always open to making another ‘Dhoom’. We’ll see.”
The three parts of the film, with John Abraham, Hrithik Roshan and Aamir Khan respectively as villains, with Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra as cops, have done extremely well at the box-office. Gadhvi was replaced by Vijay Krishna Acharya in the third part, a film which is among the highest grossing films in the industry.
The makers, Yash Raj Films had revealed a poster for “Dhoom Reloaded” last year, which was assumed to be about the fourth part. There were reports that Ranveer Singh and Salman Khan were being considered for the film, with Salman later denying the news.
About who would be the antagonist this time, Gadhvi said: “You have to speak to Yash Raj Films; I think they will have the best knowledge. What I wanted to do in ‘Dhoom’ 1 and 2, I did it and it is there for everyone to remember, so it is a job well done.”
Any upcoming projects? “I’m actually a little bit tired making the hardcore, commercial masala movies, so I am also working on something independent type, surprising, shocking.
“My dream of making a hardcore, commercial film got fulfilled with aDhoom’ and aDhoom 2′. So I am looking at making some interesting, surprising kind of films… I am working on multiple scripts right now,” said Gadhvi who has also directed “Kidnap” and “Ajab Ghazabb Love” after “Dhoom 2”.