NHRC issues notice to Delhi Chief Secretary over death due to electrocution

New Delhi,July 1 (ANI):The National Human Rights Commission has taken suo motu cognizance of media reports that a vegetable vender, Kishan Lal, got electrocuted due to current in the railing at a public toilet in Shakarpur area of Delhi on the June 24.

Reportedly, several complaints were made to the power distribution company about the current in the railing for the past couple of days but nothing was done. A case is reported to have been registered at the Shakarpur Police Station in the matter.

The Commission has observed that the contents of the press reports, if true, raise serious issue of violation of human rights of the victim.

Accordingly, it has issued notices to the Chief Secretary, Government of NCT of Delhi, and Commissioner of Police calling for detailed report in the matter within four weeks(ANI).

Related Posts

Leave a Reply