New Delhi, Dec. 30 (ANI): The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (DoPT) has asked all the government ministries, offices and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) to complete process of discontinuation of interview for junior level posts within next two days.
The Ministry also said that interviews will not be taken even in cases where selection was made purely on the basis of performance in interview, however, they may continue with skill or physical test.
All the advertisement for future vacancies will be without the interview as part of the recruitment process.
The decision to discontinue interview for recruitment is for all Group C and non-gazetted posts of Group ‘B’ category and all such equivalent posts, the DoPT said. The ministries have also been asked to send a consolidated report to the DoPT by January 7 in this regard.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had earlier suggested in his Independence Day address that the practice of holding interviews for recruitment at lower levels in government could be done away with. (ANI)