NSG says fifth terrorist eliminated, ops on

Pathankot (Punjab), Jan. 4 (ANI): The National Security Guard (NSG) said on Monday evening that they eliminated one more terrorist, taking the number of fidayeens killed in the Pathankot air base attack to five.

“We have eliminated the fifth terrorist, but the operations are still going on,” said Major General Dushyant Singh, IG (Operations), NSG, during a media briefing here.

“The Air force has deployed all its assets, however, given the magnitude of the airbase, the operations will continue till we fully render the base safe,” added Dushyant Singh.

Four terrorists had already been liquidated last evening, following which the security forces launched a massive combing operation to eliminate two more terrorists hiding in the air base.

Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi had stated on Sunday that the security forces had confirmed the presence of two more terrorists on the air force station.

Seven security personnel have been martyred so far in the operation.

Meanwhile, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the government would take a view on the talks between India and Pakistan after the operations at the Pathankot air base were over.

“Let the operation get over then the government will take a view,” Jaitley told ANI when asked if Indo-Pak talks will be affected in the wake of the Pathankot attack.

Lauding the valour efforts of the security personnel who sacrificed their lives defending the Pathankot air base, Jaitley said the main aim of the well-trained terrorists was to harm strategic assets.

Jaitley added that the attack at Pathankot was done by a suicide squad.

The Finance Minister emphasised that the lessons learnt from the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks helped the security personnel at Pathankot.

“A lot has been learnt from the Mumbai attacks, this led our security forces to stop the terrorists at the entrance and keep them at distance from our strategic assets,” he said. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply