Canadian leader in interactive science learning cooperates with Israeli counterpart to
develop new approaches to science and innovation education
The Ontario Science Centre today signed a three-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem with the goal of fostering innovation in science education. The MoU outlines key areas of collaboration in the fields of science, technology, innovation and STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) education, and was signed during the Government of Ontario’s trade mission to Israel and the West Bank from May 15 – 20, 2016.
The two cultural institutions focus on providing interactive and immersive experiences to increase interest in science and technology among students and the general public. They will collaborate on exhibit development and fabrication; travelling exhibition tour rentals and management; public and curriculum-based programming; program evaluation; and exhibits and programs that focus on women and girls in science and engineering.
Ontario Science Centre
- The first, largest and most visited science centre in Canada, has welcomed over 50 million visitors since opening in 1969.
- The Ontario Science Centre is an agency of the Government of Ontario, funded in part by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
- By providing access to science-learning to people of all ages, the Ontario Science Centre aims to inspire a lifelong journey of curiosity, discovery and action to create a better future.
- The Ontario Science Centre has nearly 50 years of experience creating some of the most memorable, engaging and visually appealing exhibits available in the world today, renting and selling its exhibitions and providing consulting services to science centres across the globe.
Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem
- Since opening in 1992, Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem has welcomed more than -5 million visitors.
- Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem is an independent, non-profit institute that operates under the joint auspices of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Jerusalem Foundation.
- The Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem aims to increase interest among the general public in science and technology in the world, promote excellence in sciences among youth and present science and technology as an integral part of human culture through interactive exhibitions and programs.
- The Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem provides unique learning environments, supports the education system in Israel and helps develop 21st-century skills among young people from all communities of Israel. –