Paris attacks suspect to appear before French judges

Paris, April 27 (IANS) Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam will appear before a French magistrate’s court on Wednesday, prosecutor said.

The suspect will be placed under formal investigation, and the prosecutor will request that he be held in custody, Xinhua news agency reported.

Abdeslam was transferred from Belgium to France earlier on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old French man who was raised in Belgium, was accused of “participation in terrorist murder”. He was captured in March during a raid in Brussels.

Abdeslam is suspected of involvement in the attacks in Paris as having provided logistics for the other attackers. The attacks killed 130 people at multiple locations in Paris on November 13, 2015.

The federal prosecutor of Belgium had said earlier that the suspect was transferred “in pursuance of the European arrest warrant issued against him on March 19 by France.”

The operation took place discreetly to ensure its smooth running.

–IANS

py/vt

Related Posts

Leave a Reply