Pathankot attack: Confident that all terrorists will be killed, says Rajnath

Guwahati, Jan.3 (ANI): Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday asserted that he is confident that all the remaining terrorists will be killed in the ongoing operation to flush out the terrorists from the Air Force Station in Pathankot.

“The Home Secretary has already briefed the Press on today’s operation. Operation is going on. We are sure that all the terrorists will be killed,” Rajnath told the media here.

Earlier in the day Rajnath had said that without intelligence inputs, Pathankot attack could have been worse.

Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force (IAF) on Sunday confirmed that the operation is still underway, adding that a total of seven security personnel have been martyred so far.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar also briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi today about the ongoing attack at the Air Force Base in Pathankot where two terrorists are believed to be holed up and a fierce counter-operation is underway to smoke them out.

The strike that triggered a 15-hour gunbattle on Saturday is believed to have been an attempt to undo recent progress in India’s relationship with Pakistan. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply