PM Modi to launch Setu Bharatam project

New Delhi, Mar. 4 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday is set to launch Rs. 10,200 crore Setu Bharatam project, which aims to make all national highways free of railway crossings by 2019.

Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari and Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways Pon Radhakrishnan will also be present during the launch.

Gadkari had earlier said that 208 places have been identified for construction of rail over-bridges or underpasses.

“An expenditure of Rs 10,200 crore is expected to be incurred on the project,” he said.

“There are around 1,500 bridges that are over 50-60 years old. We have prepared a plan to demolish such bridges and rebuild new ones with more capacity,” the minister said.

The cost of rebuilding the old bridges is expected to be about Rs 30,000 crore. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply