This year’s Police Day will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. (rain or shine), the Halton Regional Police has announced.
Police Day is a celebration of policing in Halton Region! Visitors have the opportunity to learn first-hand about law enforcement through a series of interactive displays and behind-the-scenes demonstrations.
May 14th is also Prescription Drug Drop-Off Day and a table will be setup in the north auditorium for members of the community to drop off their expired, and potentially dangerous, prescriptions.
Opening ceremonies will begin at 11:00 a.m. sharp. The theme of this year’s event is Discover Policing for Safer Communities.
Highlights and activities of the day will include:
• Tactical Rescue Unit demonstrations
• Children’s Safety Village tours
• HRPS Pipes & Drums
• HRPS Chorus
• Interactive displays
• Children’s rides
• Live music
• Snow cones
Indoors, guests will be welcomed to visit the information booths to learn more about emergency services, crime prevention and volunteering/recruiting opportunities. Officers speak a number of languages at the event including French, Dutch, Urdu, Punjabi, Indian and Mandarin. ASL interpreters will be on site at the event.
Free parking is available at the north side of Headquarters and the south side of Headquarters, off North Service Road.
Note to Parents: Tours of the Safety Village are limited; please register early in the day to secure a time slot.
GO Transit, in cooperation with the Halton Regional Police Service, will provide complimentary transportation from the Milton and Georgetown divisions on a first-come first-serve basis by reservation only. The bus is capable of holding up to 75 people and is wheel chair accessible. NOTE that there will be one trip down and one return trip only. For reservations, please contact Sgt Paul Harrower via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 905-825-4747 ext. 2467.
Towards Oakville – Morning of Saturday May 14th
• Trip starting at Georgetown, HRPS 11 Division – 217 Guelph St., departing @ 9:15 a.m.
• Trip continues to Milton, HRPS 12 Division – 490 Childs Drive, loads passengers, departs Milton @ 9:40 a.m.
• Trip continues to Oakville, HRPS HQ – 1151 Bronte Rd, passengers unload.
Towards Georgetown – Afternoon of Saturday May 14th
• Trip starting at Oakville, HRPS HQ – 1151 Bronte Rd, departs @ 2:00 p.m.
• Trip continues to Milton, HRPS 12 Division – 490 Childs Drive, unloads passengers.
• Trip continues to Georgetown, HRPS 11 Division – 217 Guelph St, passengers unload, ends trip. – CINEWS