New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) Humidity can ruin your favourite leather bags but regular polishing and storing them in the right way can make them last longer, says an expert.
Sahil Malik, managing director, Da Milano, has shared some tips to maintain leather bags during monsoon.
* Dry them well: Do not put the bag away as soon as you come from outside. Keep the bag under the ceiling fan for a few hours to air them out.
* No heat: Direct sunlight, extreme temperatures can all adversely affect your leather pieces. Never leave your bag to dry near a heater or in direct sunlight!
* Polish them well: Never compromise with the quality of the leather polish as it not only safeguards the bag from moisture, but also restores the balance of natural oils. Moreover, it also enhances the leather’s natural shine and extends the life of the bag.
* Store them right: Before storing the bag for next use, stuff it with newspaper to retain its shape and prevent it from folding or creasing. Never hang your bags since this can wear them out. Keep the bag in a cloth, cover it properly before putting them in the box. This way you will protect the bag from dust and moisture especially in a humid environment.
* Let them breathe: The longer you leave your leather pieces untreated, the harder it will be to clean them. Take out your leather bag and air it.