With minimal effort, this delicious creation can be on your table in less than 45 minutes any day of the week.
Roasted vegetable casserole
• 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
• 3 cups (750 mL) cauliflower florets
• 2 carrots, sliced
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
• 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
• 2 cups (500 mL) Minute Rice Premium Whole Grain Brown Rice
• 1 cup (250 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed (optional)
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh chives or parsley
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Combine broccoli, cauliflower and carrots; toss with oil and garlic. Season with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on prepared pan; bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Step 2: Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Toss rice with lentils (if using), roasted vegetables and chives.
Nutrition Facts. Per 1/6 recipe: Calories 320, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 240mg, Carbohydrate 55g, Fibre 7g, Sugars 3g, Protein 8g
For more simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin creation on social media to inspire others. – NC