Madrid, May 16 (IANS) Polish Agnieszka Radwanska rose to the second place displacing German Angelique Kerber who was relegated to third position in the women’s tennis rankings released on Monday.
Garbine Muguruza of Spain came in fourth place with 5.196, as Belarusian Victoria Azarenka was placed fifth, reports Efe.
United States icon Serena Williams continues to lead the rankings with 9.030 points.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (US) 9.030 Points
2. Agnieszka Radwanska (POLAND) 5.850
3. Angelique Kerber (GERMANY) 5.740
4. Garbine Muguruza (SPAIN) 5.196
5. Victoria Azarenka (BELARUS) 4.341
6. Simona Halep (ROMANIA) 4.301
7. Roberta Vinci (ITALY) 3.505
8. Belinda Bencic (SWITZERLAND) 3.330
9. Timea Bacsinszky (SWITZERLAND) 3.150
10. Flavia Pennetta (ITALY) 2.963.