Melbourne, Jan. 31 (ANI): Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has confirmed that he will return to first-class cricket, six months after he brought curtains down on his illustrious career.
The 34-year-old, who retired from all forms of cricket following the disastrous Ashes series in England last August, said that he will represent Western Suburbs in a club match against Randwick-Petersham on Feb. 20, News.com.au reported.
Clarke, who has had long battled back injuries throughout his career, revealed that his absence from cricket had allowed him to fully recover and reminded him cricket is ‘in my blood’.
The right-handed batsman, who guided Australia to their fifth World Cup triumph last year, also said that he now has the opportunity to focus on the shorter form of the game if he enjoys the game and may consider playing in lucrative Twenty20 competitions such as Big Bash and the Indian Premier League. (ANI)