Mumbai, Feb. 8 (ANI): The deposition of David Coleman Headley began before a special Mumbai court on Monday where he is revealing the sequence of events and planning behind the 26/11 terror attacks. He is what we know so far:
1. I was a true follower of Lashkar-e-Taiba
2. Sajid Mir of Lashkar-e-Taiba was my main contact
3. After I changed my name, I disclosed this information to my colleague Sajid Mir of LeT
4. Sajid Mir wanted me to setup some business or office in India
5. After I changed my name, within few weeks I visited Pakistan
6. I changed my name so that I could enter India. I wanted to enter India with an American name
7. Sajid Mir (LeT) specified object of his intention before my first visit to India
8. Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to take general video of Mumbai city
9. I visited India eight times after receiving the new passport. Out of eight times, I visited Mumbai seven times
10. My seven visits to India were directly from Pakistan and one from the UAE
11. After 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, I visited India on March 7, 2009, from Lahore to Delhi
12. All details except the place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality and passport number were incorrect in my visa application.
13. The first attempt was in September 2008, which failed because the boat hit some rocks in the ocean. The people on boat were saved as they were wearing life jackets. Weapons and explosives were lost.
14. The second attempt was made after a month in October 2008. Those involved in first attempt were involved in this as well, but the attack failed.
15. It was in the third attempt that the attack was successful i.e. on November 26, 2008.
16. Retired Major Abdur Rehman Pasha and I were arrested in Landikotal area near Pakistan-Afghan border because I looked like a foreigner. During my arrest, Major Ali came to interrogate me.
17. During my interrogation, I showed my Pakistan ID card and they released me
18. During the interrogation, I gave the information to Major Ali that I am holding a business office in India. Major Ali thought that I will be beneficial for gathering intelligence from India.
19. He introduced me to Major Iqbal of Pakistan’s ISI.
20. Sajid Mir (LeT Operative) was using the email ID [email protected] to communicate
21. Sajid Mir and Major Iqbal were happy to see my Indian visa. Sajid Mir was guiding me on getting visas.
22. Dr. Tahawwur Hussain Rana helped me get the Indian visa. I met him in a military school in Pakistan’s Punjab province. Dr. Rana was my schoolmate for five years. After school, Rana became a doctor in Pakistan Army in Rawalpindi.
23. Headley names 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed in court, says, “I was inspired by Hafiz Saeed’s speeches.”
This is a developing story and will be updated as information pours in. (ANI)