Mumbai, Feb. 9 (ANI): David Coleman Headley, who deposed for the second consecutive day before the special Mumbai court here on Tuesday, said Lashkar commander Sajid Mir asked him to focus on the Siddhivinayak Temple
Here is what we know so far:
– In 2006, I also stayed as a paying guest near Breach Candy hospital (Shyam Niwas,Mumbai)
– During my surveillance in Mumbai, I used GPS device to store the locations. GPS device was provided to me by Sajid Mir (LeT) and Abu Khafa, so that I could save various locations including locations in Arabian Sea.
– Multiple targets included Taj Mahal Palace Hotel (Mumbai), Naval, Air station, Maharashtra Police state headquarters, Oberoi Hotel and CST
– I did the surveillance of multiple targets and selected landing sites. During this surveillance, I also made the video of Bhagat Singh Marg road in Kolaba. This included the video of Leopold cafe, Colaba Police Station and shops and Restaurants which are on the same road.
– During my surveillance in Mumbai, Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to specifically conduct a surveillance of Siddhivinayak Temple.
– I gave the videography of second floor of Taj Hotel (Mumbai) to Sajid Mir (LeT) and Major Iqbal. They were satisfied with it.
– Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to conduct recce of second floor of Hotel Taj (Mumbai), I discussed everything with Major Iqbal
– In 2007, I conducted surveillance in Taj Hotel (Mumbai) many times. Conducted surveillance of Hotel Taj’s (Mumbai) 2nd floor when I stayed with my wife Faiza.
– When shown register of the Taj hotel (Mumbai) book with Headley’s signatures, Headley recognized his signatures.
– Bashir Sheikh who was a friend of Dr. Rana came to pick me up from Mumbai Airport where I met him for the first time. I didn’t know Bashir Sheikh prior to this Mumbai visit.
– I got permission from Dr. Rana to set up my office in Mumbai
– When asked by Nikam, “Why was Mumbai particularly targeted for the attack?” Headley replied: I don’t know why. I didn’t do any enquiry.
– The plan to attack conference hall in Taj Hotel (Mumbai) was for logistics reason. When asked by Special Public Prosecutor Ujjawal Nikam about what “logistic reasons” mean, Headley said:”getting personnels and weapons”.
– Prior to Nov 2007,I had taken photography and videography of Hotel Taj (Mumbai), but I didn’t know that it would be targeted
– In early 2006, I met Major Iqbal for the 1st time at some house in Lahore.In this meeting, a colonel from Pak Army was also present
– David Headley admits that his wife Faiza lodged a complaint in US assembly (Islamabad) that he is involved in terrorist activities and had close association with LeT.
– He knows Al-Qaeda. He also defines Al-Qaeda as a ‘terrorist organisation’.
– In October 2003, he met Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Maulana Masood Mazhar hundred miles away from South Lahore. In 2003, there was a gathering of LeT where founder of the organisation, Maulana Masood Azhar was the guest speaker. Azhar made a speech about his activities in India and about his release.
– I met Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi for the first time in 2003 in Muzaffarabad (PoK) at headquarters of LeT
– He identified the photograph of the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai attack, Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and admitted that Lakhvi was operational commander of LeT.
– David Headley admits that LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammed, and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen are working under United Jihad council. He admitted before the Mumbai Court that all these are terrorist organizations in Pakistan working against India
– In this meeting, they (LeT) were having info about some meeting of Indian defence scientist in the conference hall of Taj Mahal Palace hotel and they wanted to attack it.
– In 2007, LeT decided to conduct terror attack in Mumbai
– Major Iqbal asked me to gather intelligence on India
– LeT decided to attack
– Retd. Major Pasha joined Al qaeda
– Former ISI chief was part of LeT
– In this meeting,they assigned me the task of conducting recce of Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai
– In Nov-Dec 2007, a meeting took place in Muzaffarabad (Pakistan) which was attended by Sajid Mir, Abu Khafa and me-David Headley
– He advised Hafiz Saeed, Lakhvi to ‘legally challenge’ US ban on Lashkar
– He was asked to recruit Indian Army men to spy for ISI
– All details except place of birth, date of birth, mother’s nationality and passport number were incorrect in my visa application.
– After 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks I visited India on 7th March 2009 from Lahore to Delhi
– My seven visits to India were directly from Pakistan and one from UAE
– After receiving new passport I visited India eight times, out of eight times I visited Mumbai seven times
– Sajid Mir (LeT) asked me to take general video of Mumbai city
– Sajid Mir (LeT) specified object of his intention before my first visit to India
– I changed my name so that I could enter India. I wanted to enter India with an American name
– After I changed my name, within few weeks I visited Pakistan
– Sajid Mir wanted me to setup some business or office in India
– After I changed my name, I disclosed this information to my colleague Sajid Mir of LeT
– Sajid Mir of Lashkar-e-Taiba was my main contact
– I was a true follower of Lashkar-e-Taiba
This is a developing story and will be updated as information pours in. (ANI)