School van catches fire in MP; two children hurt

Views: 164

Gwalior, Feb 16 (IANS) At least two children sustained burn injuries when a private school van caught fire due to leakage in the gas kit here on Friday, police said.

The incident took place near Raisingh Ka Bagh here, when the van, carrying 11 children, suddenly caught fire, S.L. Sharma, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI), Madhav Ganj police station told IANS.

The two children sustained burn injuries in their legs and were admitted to hospital. Sharma said police is collecting information about the other children.

According to police, the children in the van had complained about the gas leakage, but the driver did not pay any heed.

When the van caught fire, people in the vicinity helped the children come out of the van, Sharma said.

–IANS

hindi-nks/rn

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *