Chennai, Dec 28 (IANS) Filmmaker Selvaraghavan’s next yet-untitled Tamil outing, a horror drama, will be bankrolled by filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon, and the project is slated to go on the floors early next year.
“It is true that Gautham is producing Selvaraghavan’s next project. Unlike the regular horror films Tamil cinema has witnessed in the last two years, this one will be made in such a way that it will send chills down the audience’s spine,” a source close to Selvaraghavan told IANS.
The film will feature popular actor-filmmaker S.J. Suryah in the lead.
“The makers are currently finalising the rest of the cast,” the source said.
Earlier this year, Selvaraghavan was supposed to work on a Tamil thriller called “Kaan”, and he had even started shooting. However, the project had to be shelved due to some financial issues.
The source added that he has shifted all his focus on the horror film, because he has always wanted to work in this genre.