New York, Sep 28 (IANS) United States tennis player Serena Williams, with 11,500 points, continues to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) world singles rankings released on Monday.
Polish Agnieszka Radwanska broke into the top 10 after winning the Toray Pan-Pacific Open title over Belinda Bencic, while Serbian Ana Ivanovic rose from 12th place to 9th, despite being eliminated in the Japanese tournament quarter-finals, reports Efe.
Spanish Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez remained in eighth and 10th places, respectively.
The current WTA ranking and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (United States) 11,500 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,780
3. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 5,691
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,396
5. Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic) 3,525
6. Flavia Pennetta (Italy) 3,317
7. Agieska Radwanska (Poland) 3,190
8. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 3,116
9. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) 3,070
10. Carla Suarez (Spain) 3,070.