St. Petersburg (US), Feb 22 (IANS) United States player Serena Williams kept her lead in the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings with 9,245 points while Polish Agnieszka Radwanska went up to third, according to the rankings released on Monday.
The Pole came in third behind German Angelique Kerber after the defeat of Romanian Simona Halep, who dropped to fourth in Dubai. Swiss Belinda Bencic jumped to seventh while Italian Flavia Pennetta went down to ninth, reports Efe.
In this week’s rankings, Italian Roberta Vinci joined the top-10 list.
The top 10:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9,245 points
2. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,700
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,210
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 4,745
5. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,642
6. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 3,672
7. Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) 3,505
8. Petra Kvitova (Czech) 3,478
9. Flavia Pennetta (Italy) 3,422
10. Roberta Vinci (Italy) 3,325.