These chicken and mushroom burgers are flavourful, simple to make and offer a lighter alternative to a traditional beef burger.
Prep Time: 10 mins/ Cook Time: 20 mins/ Yield: 6 (1/3 lb.) patties
Blended Chicken Cheeseburgers
• 1/2 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
• 1 lb. lean ground chicken
• 1/2 small onion, finely diced
• 1/2 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 5 hamburger buns
• 5 slices of American cheese
• Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
1. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. In a large bowl combine mushrooms, beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/3 lb), and cook either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last minute of cooking, top patties with cheese. Keep warm until cheese begins to melt.
3. Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion. – NC