New Delhi, Feb 12 (IANS) This Valentine’s Day, men can also dish up romance with a dash of red. Be it a red classy shirt, a red polo neck t-shirt or a red scarf — go for one red item in your overall look on the special day, suggests a designer.
A word of caution – stay away from an all red suit!
Designer Amit Behki gives a lowdown on how men can include red in their outfit for Valentine’s Day and make a fashionable statement.
Behki also points out that hues of marsala, pink, maroon can be picked from the red colour palette:
* Red tie affair: If your style is very casual, then you can wear a tie. That would surely impress your lady love. You can wear a checkered button-up shirt or a U-neck sweater to compliment your look.
* Pocket square deal: Go for a red pocket square, which can be direct reflection of your style. It can even complement a conservative introvert’s look.
* Walk in style with red: Be daring and sport red loafers for the extra edge in your overall look on Valentine’s Day.
* Dash of red on socks: Take inspiration from Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, who added quirky angle to his style by wearing polka-dot socks at a formal event recently. So, express your love with eye-popping red-coloured socks. Pair them with wardrobe staples such as jeans, t-shirts, khakis or collared shirts.
* Frame it with red glasses: Pick your favourite frame and dip it in a shade of red for Valentine’s Day. A vintage spectacle frame in red could be your go-to-accessory to look classy.