WordPress database error: [Table './canin502_db/wp_postmeta' is marked as crashed and should be repaired]
SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (437457) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
‘Tis the season for holiday parties — and the tempting foods that go along with them. Starting with Thanksgiving, we’re bombarded with tasty treats that can put a dent in our healthy eating and fitness goals. Stay on track by arming yourself with expert pre-party advice and go-to snack ideas.
The most important thing is to make sure that you don’t arrive hungry. Skipping meals all day to cut calories before a big holiday gathering backfires if you arrive ravenous and overload your plate in the buffet line. The smart strategy is to take the edge off your hunger by having a light snack before leaving home. California grapes are a perfect solution, as these sweet and juicy treats are only 90 calories for a 3/4 cup serving. Try these six ways of combining them with other great foods for quick snack ideas:
1. Stir them into a dish of yogurt and add a sprinkle of granola.
2. Combine them with cubes of reduced-fat cheese and a sprinkle of nuts.
3. Toss them into your favorite smoothie recipe or whirl them together with yogurt, ice cubes, banana, and a splash of orange juice.
4. Spread celery stalks with peanut butter and place grapes on top.
5. Smear a dab of cream cheese on top of graham crackers and top with halved grapes.
6. Use them as a spectacular substitute for ice cream. Wash and dry grapes, then freeze them for about 2 hours for a guilt-free, tasty mini-sorbet.