SJVNL records all-time high revenue of Rs.3,261 crore

Shimla, Sep 22 (IANS) Public sector Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVNL) on Tuesday announced that it recorded all-time high revenue of Rs.3,261.10 crore in the last fiscal, registering a 54.50 percent increase over the Rs.2,110.72 crore earned during the same period of last fiscal.

The company registered a 50.43 percent increase in profit after tax at Rs.1,676.75 crore against Rs.1,114.63 crore in the previous year, SJVNL’s chairman and managing director R.N. Misra said at the annual general meeting here.

The profit after tax this year was also the highest since commencement of commercial operations of the company in 2004, he said.

With the phenomenal increase in profits, the earning per share of the company has increased from Rs.2.69 per equity share of Rs.10 to Rs.4.05 per share, he added.

Besides the 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri plant – India’s largest hydro project – in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, the company’s two other operational projects are 412 MW Rampur Hydro Electric Project also in the hill state and 47.6 MW Khirvire Wind Power Project in Maharashtra.

SJVNL is a joint venture between the central and the Himachal Pradesh governments. The former holds 74.5 per cent stake, while the remaining 25.5 per cent is held by the state government. However, the central government sold 10 percent equity in May 2010.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply