Striker Icardi open to move from Inter, says agent

Milan, July 10 (IANS) Inter Milan captain Mauro Icardi’s agent has said that the Argentine striker will be sold ahead of the new football season due to the financial instability of the Serie A side.

In the wake of growing interest in the transfer market, the 23-year-old had reportedly demanded a new and improved contract that the club was not prepared to commit to.

“As far as I can see, Inter want to sell him. Many clubs are interested, we will make an evaluation together,” Icardi’s wife-cum-agent Wanda Nara was also quoted as saying by on Sunday.

“Mauro would like to stay, but we understand the situation of the club, which, evidently, can’t afford to keep Icardi,” she added.

“There is no release clause, so let’s hope that they will ask for a coherent transfer fee,” she added.

Inter have always considered Icardi unsellable; some offers amount to over 40 million euros ($44.2 million). And they are not interested in evaluating them. On the other hand, Inter have no intention to renew the Argentine’s contract, as he has put pen to paper to a new deal only one year ago.

Many clubs have contacted Wanda. In addition to Atletico Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur and Juventus also have contacted the former Sampdoria player’s wife.

Only English club West Ham United has made an official offer to Inter, while Tottenham and Manchester United have made some moves but only through Wanda.

However, $45 million don’t seem sufficient, while the Icardis say that last year they obtained an option to get a new contract.

In all competition, Icardi has scored 52 goals with 15 assists in just 105 appearances for Inter.

If alerted to his availability, it’s safe to say Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will also approach Icardi for information.



Related Posts

Leave a Reply