New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) With mercury level soaring high, it is time for you to tweak your make-up stack to help you sail through the sticky and humid summer woes, says an expert.
Shikhee Agrawal, head of training, The Body Shop, has shared tips for skin, make-up and hair.
* Tackle shine: Replace your rich cleanser and face cream with a foaming gel and an oil-free daily lotion that has a minimum SPF 15. Carry a compact for midday touch-ups but don’t cover your entire face with powder as this would lead to clogging of your skin pores.
* Moisturise daily: Moisturising isn’t about adding oil to the skin. It is about keeping moisture in. So use an oil-free or light moisturiser over damp skin and work from the inside out by drinking extra water to stay hydrated. Freeze aloe vera in ice tray for instant sunburn relief.
* Lighthen up: Skip the thick foundations and switch to foundations with lighter texture – BB cream, fresh nude foundations, lip and cheek stains, bronzing gel and lip gloss.
* Go smudgeproof: Waterproof mascara help prevent eye make-up from running or smearing in the heat. Want extra insurance? Use colour on the top lids only and leave the lashline.
* Summer hair repair: Pump volume into straight or fine hair by skipping conditioner (or applying it only to your ends). Also, take a break from the blow-dryer to let your hair air-dry. Many people with fine, straight hair actually have a slight wave that adds body.
Avoid, over cleansing. Always apply your frizz controlling products while hair is still damp.