New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Summer is here and with the season comes the race to look fashionable. From cold shoulder, Vintage redux to the bodysuit, experts suggest some must-have pieces that can make you look “cool” in the hot weather.
Sidhika Gupta, fashion head of social fashion platform Roposo, lists trends that can make your summer wardrobe look sophisticated and stylish.
* Cold shoulder: Cold shoulder or off-shoulder are the summer must-haves. Bare those shoulders and flaunt your collar-bone in this pretty silhouette. The off-shoulder tops look best in nude solids and pair well with distressed denims. A great separate to invest in as you can create urban chic to casual to date looks while teaming it up with various bottoms.
* Vintage Redux: Ruffles, pleats, high-collar necklines, crochet, lace and all things feminine, it can’t get prettier than this. My girlies, pair stainless white fit-n-flare lace dress with peals and club masters and make those jaws drop.
* The Bodysuit: Go, and buy it right now. A bodysuit is the weapon of 21st century independent woman. It’s clean, contouring, comforting and the sexiest way to flaunt your curves. Avoid shabby crease lines around the waist as much as you do.
* Orange is the new black: Orange, primarily solid, will be your next go-to hue of the season.
* The slip dress: The siren pieces that are normally related to the bedroom are getting their day in the sun. This 1990s trend not just made its way back to the runway but is also seen under popular brands like Givenchy and Calvin Klein. The rule is simple, wear you lingerie as an outwear.
* Dyed effect: When we are talking summers, then how can we forget the beaches? The Japanese technique of Shibori, popularly known as tie-and-dye add the bohemian vibe to your soul. Summer destination wedding, jet-ski or just basking in the sun, don’t forget to pack your maxis and sarongs in this naturally dyed lightweight fabric.