A frightening rumour has surfaced that Sylvester Stallone, the beloved ‘Rocky’ star, has passed away.
The story allegedly came from CNN and made its rounds via Facebook on Sept. 3, causing the heartbreaking news to go viral.
Well, everybody nearly had a meltdown by the reports that Sylvester Stallone, 70, was no longer with us.
A news story, allegedly from CNN, got a lot of buzz on Facebook for showing images of the Rocky star being wheeled away on a gurney in a body bag. The ‘breaking news’ article said the Oscar-nominated actor was found at his home in Los Angeles. This led fans into a total frenzy, but a few caught on to how the pics looked altered! Thank goodness for that, since it was simply another celebrity death hoax used for click bait!
So, rest assured, this all seems to be an attempt to gain access to personal information by cyber criminals. Sheesh. Miley Cyrus and Angelina Jolie were also victims of falsified stories on Facebook previously. In Aug., a website called Entertainment News Update posted a shocking report that Angelina Jolie, 41, had committed suicide. It obviously caused a lot of concern, since it even noted how she had said “good-bye” to her longtime hubby, Brad Pitt, 52.
The caption also caused an emotional response, reading: “This is really sad, nobody deserves to die by suicide!! God will settle it all in the end, and only HE knew their heart!!! Prayers for the family. Farewell JOLIE!”.
Sylvester has yet to comment on these reports, but it seems that he’s alive and well! The actor did write that he enjoyed a sweet outing with his daughter on Sept. 2, sharing a playful picture of them bonding via Instagram.
He captioned the snap, “A wonderful quiet dinner together with my daughter. #dinnerdate #spacetravel #nogravity #talkingheads @sophiastallone.”