London, Dec.30 (ANI): Cooking in the kitchen in the 21st century has undergone a sea change, thanks to the introduction of a variety of state-of-the-art handy gadgets.
According to The NextWeb, here are the seven best kitchen gadgets of 2015:
1. iKettle 2.0: The iKettle 2.0 lets you boil the water without standing up using an app on your phone or tablet. You just have to make sure someone else fills the water first. It comes for 99.99 pounds.
2. Drop: Drop is a smart scale and accompanying app that will measure any ingredient you desire. It’s more precise than using a regular kitchen scale and the app lets you select recipes and the scale will detect when you’ve added the right amount of each ingredient, as well as telling you when to add the next one. It also comes for 99.99 pounds.
3. Flower Power: Parrot’s Flower Power is a plant sensor can be placed alongside whatever you’re growing to feed info back to its accompanying app about the health of your plants. It is available for USD 59.99.
4. Samsung Smart Fridge: Samsung’s refrigerator comes complete with an eight-inch WiFi connected touchscreen display, which lets you access all the cooking apps you need, as well as music and radio services like Pandora for some in-kitchen entertainment. The display also acts as an interactive memo pad, so there’s no need to stick post-its on this fridge. It is available for USD 3599.
5. Pantelligent: Is a pan with a central temperature gauge that tells you through an app on your phone that the food is cooked correctly. You just need to input some information about what it is your cooking, tap the phone on the pan’s handle and it will guide you through the best way to cook your meal. It is available for USD 199.
6. Neo: Neo smart jars help monitor what you have got left in the pantry. These jars recognize how much is left in them, the nutritional content and best-before dates. If you are running low or it’s going out of date, the connected app will notify you and add the items to a shopping list. Each jar costs USD 44.50.
7. PicoBrew: This clever machine lets you brew your own five litre kegs using licensed recipes from over 400 craft and home-brewers around the world. It can also be used as a sous-vide machine to cook and is available for USD 599. (ANI)