Hyderabad, Jan.23 (ANI): The Nampally Court on Saturday gave three-day transit remand to ISIS suspect Abu Anas and will be produced in the National Investigation Agency (NIA) court.
Anas, an Information Security Analyst of TWG International at Abids, was arrested yesterday by the NIA on the suspicion of having links with the ISIS. He was living in Ayyappa Society in Madhapur.
In a massive terror crackdown ahead of the Republic Day celebrations, the NIA had today arrested eight more suspects from 12 locations in six different cities, in connection with planning to carry out terrorist activities in various parts of India.
On the basis of the information revealed in the interrogation of the five terror suspects that had been detained yesterday, the NIA made the fresh arrests.
The details of the eight suspects are as follows:
1. Syed Mujahid, aged 33, resident of Tumkur, Karnataka
2. Mohammad Aleem, aged 20, residenct of Lucknow U.P.
3. Mohammed Obedullah Khan, aged 33, resident of Hyderabad
4. Abu Anas, aged 24, resident of Hyderabad
5. Asif Ali, aged 21, resident of Bengaluru
6. Muhammed Abdul Ahad, aged 46, resident of Bengaluru
7. Suhail Ahmed, aged 23, resident of Bengaluru
8. Mohammad Hussain Khan, aged 36, resident Mazgaon, Mumbai
The arrested accused will be produced before the respective local courts for obtaining transit remands.
The NIA will continue with their extensive terror crackdown and will maintain the interrogations and investigations.
Earlier, 14 terror suspects were taken into custody by the NIA in simultaneous raids conducted in six cities. (ANI)