Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Three children were electrocuted on Monday in Uttar Pradeh when they came in contact with a live wire that was lying unnoticed in an inundated agricultural land, police said.
The incident took place in the Kumaran locality of Bahjoi in Sambhal district.
Police said the children wandered into the agricultural field while playing in the rain. They were not aware that a high tension wire feeding the transformer in the area was lying in the water. They came in contact with the live wire and the three died immediately.
Those killed have been identified as Amar Pal, Vikas and Harish.
An official told IANS that although the locals in the neighbourhood called the power house personnel to shut down the electricity supply to the transformer, it was too late as the children had already died.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.