* In 2005 India attempted to qualify for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, but missed out after finishing second in Asian Division 3, Pool B with 1 win, 1 tie, and 1 loss.
* In 2008, India again failed to make the cut for the 2011 Rugby World Cup: India needed to win the 2008 Asian Five Nations to move on to Round 2 in qualification, but managed only a third place. In the tournament, India achieved their biggest-ever victory by beating Pakistan 92-0.
* Asian Rugby 7s’ Olympic pre-qualifiers for men and women was held in the city on March 7-8 and saw both the men’s and women’s teams finish runners-up.
* The next weekend will feature the senior nationals in Patna, where 16 states will participate.
* All India & South Asia Rugby Tournament – amateur league competition for rugby union football clubs in India have 13 teams playing in it. Army Red-a Services team is the current champion.
* The 82nd edition of the prestigious All India & South Asia Div-1 Tournament will held October 10-17, 2015, in Mumbai and will be hosted by Bombay Gymkhana.
* Major teams in India : Army Red, Bombay Gymkhana, Delhi Hurricanes, CC&FC, Jungle Crows, Young Rugby Club, Bangalore RFC, Maharashtra State Police, Bhubaneswar RFC, KISS, Kolkata Police, and Chhattisgarh RFC.