New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Summer season calls for protecting the skin from tanning and ageing. Pamper your skin with turmeric powder, honey or caffeine for glowing skin, says an expert.
Anju Majeed, senior scientist and director at Sami Labs, suggests how:
* PteroWhite: A natural skin lightening ingredient containing a minimum of 90 percent Pterostilbene from a purely natural source, the heartwood of Indian Kino (Pterocarpus marsupium).
* Galanga extract (a herb from the Ginger family): It is a standardized extract from Kaempferia galangal roots and contains a minimum of 98 percent Ethyl p-methoxycinnamic acid. Galanga extract affords a dual benefit to the skin. It affords skin lightening benefits as well as protects the skin from photo-damage. It also reduces the appearance of scars and fights against age.
* Caffeine: It is obtained from the coffea robusta beans. It is said to protect the skin from photo-damage.
* Barley Beta Glucans: It is extracted from Barley (Hordeum vulgare) seeds having not less than 25 percent beta-glucans and is known to promote moisturization and offering UV protection.
* Turmeric powder and honey: They can work as a treatment to skin on sun burns alongside keeping the moisture of the skin balanced.