Tripura school student electrocuted while lowering Tricolour

Views: 28

Agartala, Aug 15 (IANS) In a tragic incident a school student was electrocuted while lowering the national flag in Tripura on Monday, police said.

The police said that 16-year-old Amarjit Shil, a student of class nine, died on the spot when he came in contact with a live wire while pulling down the national flag at Ramchandra Ghat High School in Khowai district.

The flag was hoisted by the school teachers on Monday morning on the occasion of Independence Day.

“Amarjit along with his friends was pulling down the national flag in absence of the school teachers,” the official said, adding that police are probing the incident.



ALSO READ:   India and other world democracies at crossroads: Hillary Clinton
Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *