Trump not banned from Robert De Niro’s restaurants

Views: 114

Los Angeles, May 25 (IANS) Veteran actor Robert De Niro did not ban the US President Donald Trump from his Nobu restaurants, the actor’s representative has said amid contrary reports.

Last week, the Daily Mail had reported that at the Nobu Hotel Marbella launch, De Niro said of Trump: “I don’t care what he likes. If he walked into a restaurant I was in, I’d walk out.”

However, on Thursday, the actors’ representative clarified that the reports were untrue, reports hollywoodreporter.com.

When The Daily Mail publication asked who De Niro’s dream dinner guests would be, he allegedly replied that Trump would be stopped from entering the restaurants if he ever tried.

Japanese chef Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa, co-owner and co-founder of the Nobu restaurants with De Niro, then said: “It’s my dream for Trump to sit next to Bob. To make them sushi!”

ALSO READ:   Trump calls Macron's idea for European army 'very insulting'

“Bob has not banned anyone from dining at Nobu,” said the representative.

Regarding Daily Mail’s story, the representation said: “I know what they wrote. No one is banned.”

–IANS

ks/rb

Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *