New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Corn starch dries up excess oil leaving skin soft and clear, and kiwis can be used as an effective face scrub for oily skin, says an expert.
Aashmeen Munjaal, makeover expert and director of Star salon n’ Academy, shares a few more remedies that may help you to get rid of oily skin:
* Cinnamon and nutmeg: Cinnamon and nutmeg is a good acne and anti-ageing treatment as it boosts the collagen production, improves blood circulation, fades the marks from the skin and is a very beneficial homemade face pack. Take a teaspoon of ground cinnamon mixed with one teaspoon of nutmeg powder and two teaspoons of honey. Apply and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it with warm water.
* Corn starch: It dries up excess oil, leaving skin soft and clear. It has a drying action that will leave your face or skin with an appealing matte-look. Prepare a thick paste of corn starch by adding rosemary water or water and one teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the paste on your nose or acne prone area of your skin. Let the paste remain till it becomes dry. Rinse your skin surface with warm water.
* Avocado: Avocado is beneficial to nourish, enhance and rejuvenate skin. Avocado face masks can also work for people with oily and acne prone skin and are excellent for ageing skin. Break one egg, remove the yolk, whip the white portion until frothy. Take out the avocado pulp and mash it properly. Mix the two together with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply a thick layer to your face and leave it for 20 to 25 minutes.
* Chamomile tea: Chamomile possesses many powerful skin properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and contains essential oils and anti-oxidants. Chamomile tea helps to increase circulation and kill the bacteria that causes acne. Make a mixture of chamomile tea and oat meal in equal proportions, nearly two drops of almond oil and two teaspoons of honey. Apply this paste on your oily skin. Use this face mask for 10 to 15 minutes.
* Kiwi: This refreshing and juicy fruit is frequently used as an effective face scrub for oily skin. Take one kiwi, peel off the skin and put it in a bowl. Mash the kiwi well. Add two teaspoons of sugar and two drops of sunflower oil to it. Mix it well and scrub it on your face, neck, hands and legs with your fingertips.