Lucknow, Aug 15 (IANS) Two persons were electrocuted and more than a dozen injured on Monday in Uttar Pradesh’s Hardoi when their bus in came into contact with a high-tension overhead wire, police said.
The dead are yet to be identified since their bodies were burnt beyond recognition. Three persons are said to be in a critical condition.
The victims were travelling on the bus roof when the tragedy occurred near Keshripur on the Bhatpara road.
Police said the passengers were forewarned by the bus staff not to sit on the vehicle’s roof but they ignored the advice.
The state has witnessed rain since Sunday night.