Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) Wear hair in braids and avoid frequent hair wash to maintain your hair during summer time, says an expert.
Nirmal Randhava, make-up artist and owner of Indica Makeover, has shared essential tips for hair care during summer time.
* Wear hair in braids: A messy braid can be ideal for keeping your hair under control, the summer heat and humidity calls for some gentle hair do. This will reduce the exposure area under the scorching sunlight.
* Cover up: Another great summer hair care tip is when you are out in the sun, opt for a hat or a scarf. Not only will they protect your hair from ultra-violet rays, but will also help hair retain moisture. These accessories will enhance your fashion style and will also keep your hair protected.
* Avoid frequent hair wash: Washing your hair frequently will trigger more oil production thus making you feel the need to wash your hair more often. Try rinsing in the shower just to get rid of excess oil in the hair. A quick fix is to dab a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel along your scalp to dissolve excess oil.
* Damp your hair before swimming: Using clean water after a dip will help your hair absorb less salt water or chemicals from the pool. In addition to that, always take a shower after taking a dip or spray your hair with clean water to get rid of hard water of the pool.
* Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush: Wide-tooth combs are most gentle for untangling hair, as brushes can pull and tear when they snag strands. Avoid pulling anything through your hair when it’s wet.
* Massage the scalp with hot oil: Coconut, olive, and avocado oils are good at penetrating the hair shaft. Massage with oil and then work using oil from ends to roots, rinse then condition as usual. Your hair should feel moisturized afterward, but not greasy.