Mumbai, Feb. 12 (ANI): With his deposition entering the fifth day today over the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, David Coleman Headley revealed that he had been instructed by the Pakistan ISI to recruit personnel from the Indian Army to gain access to classified information.
Here are the revelations made by Headley so far in the deposition that is underway:
1. From March 11, 2009 to 13 March 2009, Headley visited Pushkar in Rajasthan) where he made a video of the city including Chabad House.
2. From March 16 2009 to March 17, he stayed in the Hotel Surya Villa in Pune.
3. When he was in Pune, he visited the Indian Army installation defining it as the ‘headquarters of the Southern Command of the Indian Army’.
4. Major Iqbal from the ISI told Headley to the visit the Indian Army installation in Pune to recruit people from the Indian Army to get classified information.
5. When he was in Pune, Headley made a general video of the city including the Indian Army installation and the Chabad House.
6. On March 3, 2009, Headley sent an e-mail to Dr.Tahawwur Rana, with the subject on the mail ‘Headley’s personal will’ which he had executed.
7. Headley said that he sent the will because he was going back to India again and he thought that he would be killed or arrested.
8. Headley returned to India despite having apprehensions of being arrested.
9. Headley admits, firstname.lastname@example.org was his email id and email@example.com was Sajid Mir’s email id and they used to exchange mails.
10. On 8th July, Headley sent a mail to Sajid Mir where he made a query asking if most of the problem has been solved for his ‘uncle & his friends’.
11. In this mail, David Headley refers Hafiz Saeed as “Uncle” and Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi as “his friends”.
12. Headley said that he sent this mail because after the terror attack in Mumbai, the Pakistan Government carried out an investigation.
13. On 8 July 2009, Headley wrote in mail “how is uncle doing’? to which Sajid Mir replied “Uncle is doing well and flying high”.
14. The mail that was written from firstname.lastname@example.org included “old uncle (Hafiz Saeed) got H1 Virus too? Doctor in hospital wants to give check up”
15. Headley said that the mail indicated that an investigation might be ordered on them leading to their arrest, so he got concerned for Hafiz Saeed.
This is a developing story. More details to follow. (ANI)