We will develop our villages: Jharkhand CM’s new slogan

Views: 51

Ranchi, May 9 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Wednesday coined a new slogan — “we will develop our villages” — for development of villages in the state, officials said.

In a review meeting of the Gram Vikas Samiti (GVS) and the Adivasi Vikas Samiti (AVS), he said: “The committees (GVS and AVS) will draw development plan and 80 per cent fund will be directly transferred to banks of the committees and the rest 20 per cent will be labour contributed by the villagers”.

He said the villages will be developed on the slogan “We will develop our villages”.

In Jharkhand, GVS and AVS have been constituted in 60 per cent villages. The process is underway to constitute such committees in the remaining 40 per cent villages.

ALSO READ:   Punjab, Goa in boys U21 semis, Manipur, Jharkhand U17 girls rout rivals in KIYG

“Our agenda is to develop tribal and schedule caste dominated villages. The government schemes reach to such areas should be ensured. The GVS and AVS have been designed for development of such areas,” the Chief Minister told officials during the review meeting.

“Such committees will plan development of villages and the state government will transfer the fund as per model plan estimate,” Raghubar Das told officials.

The AVS and GVS will draw plans to construct small ponds, wells and other things needed for development of the villages.

The constituted AVS and GVS have to hold a meeting between May 16 and 23 and submit the plan to the state government, so that the fund could be released.

“The aim is to make the committees functional to eliminate middlemen. The unemployed youth will get jobs,” the Chief Minister said.

ALSO READ:   TRS retains Telangana, crushes Congress (Fourth Lead)



Comments: 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *