London, April 8 (IANS) The West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine has been cleared by the International Cricket Council (ICC) to bowl again in international cricket.
The 27-year-old successfully underwent tests at the Sri Ramachandra University in Chennai on March 28 after spending months remodelling his action, reports CMC.
He was banned last November after the ICC ruled his action to be illegal, exceeding the 15 degrees tolerance allowed under its regulations.
Earlier on Thursday, Kolkata Knight Riders coach Jacques Kallis said the franchise was yet to hear from the ICC on whether Narine has been cleared to play in the Indian Premier League starting this weekend.
“He has done a lot of work. We have not got the official verdict from the ICC yet, but I am sure they will come out positive,” Kallis told reporters here.
During is training in India, Narine’s father passed away, forcing the player to return to Port-of-Spain. However, Kallis said the player would be under no pressure to return quickly.
Knight Riders are set to play their opening match of the new Indian Premier League season at Eden Gardens here on Sunday.