World’s fattest man dies in quest for normal life

Melbourne, Dec 27 (ANI): The world’s fattest man succumbed to a heart attack on the morning of Christmas Day, two months after undergoing bariatric surgery in a quest for normal life.

A friend said that Andres Moreno Sepulveda, who had weighed as much as 450 kilograms, died at the age of 38 on his way to hospital in the northwestern state of Sonora, reported.

Carmen Palacios, who had been helping him during his rehabilitation process over the past year, said that the Mexican man was doing well, but he had had two previous heart attacks, adding that he became short of breath and died in the ambulance.

The ex-police officer, who had been bedridden for several years due to his weight, battling numerous illnesses, had slimmed down to 320kg before undergoing gastric bypass surgery to reduce his stomach.

Moreno Sepulveda, who was born at nearly 6kg before reaching a staggering 120kg by age 10, was determined to lose the kilos this year and Ms Palacios said he was “really happy” after his weight-loss surgery.

Earlier, Real Madrid football sensation Cristiano Ronaldo had sent Moreno Sepulveda a signed shirt to encourage him to embrace a healthy lifestyle. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply