Yemen airstrike: Bodies of six Indians found, one missing

New Delhi, Sept. 11 (ANI): The Ministry of External Affairs on Friday said that six bodies of the seven Indian nationals, who were reported missing after their boats came under aerial attack in Yemen earlier this week, have been recovered.

MEA official spokesperson Vikas Swarup said in a statement that one person is still missing and the Mission in Djibouti is in touch with the local authorities and contacts to ascertain his whereabouts.

Swarup said that the bodies were brought to the Military Hospital in Hodeidah and added that the families of the deceased have been informed and their verbal consent has been taken for funeral rites.

He said that of the remaining 15 Indians on the boat, 14 are safe and of them four are undergoing treatment in a local hospital and that they are in regular touch with their families but one person is still missing.

Two boats carrying 21 Indian nationals had come under aerial attack on Monday. Of the total Indian nationals, 14 were rescued and seven were initially reported as missing. (ANI)

Related Posts

Leave a Reply