This recipe takes snacking favourite popcorn and infuses it with some great flavours.
“This quick and simply delicious snack uses just a handful of exceptional ingredients, including tart-sweet cranberries, crisp pecans, and a salty-sweet popcorn mix that combines the rich flavour of maple syrup with the savoury taste of smoky bacon,” explains Tom Filippou, executive chef for President’s Choice cooking school. “You can have some fun with this recipe by turning it into Popcorn Pops by inserting wooden pop sticks into the bottom.”
Marshmallow Maple Bacon Popcorn Balls
• 8 cups (2 L) PC maple and bacon popcorn
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC cranberries sweetened dried fruit
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
• 5 tbsp (75 mL) unsalted butter
• 3 cups (750 mL) mini marshmallows
1. Toss popcorn, cranberries, and pecans in large heatproof bowl; sprinkle with salt.
2. Melt butter in large microwave-safe bowl on high for about 40 seconds. Stir in marshmallows; microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds, stopping once halfway through to stir. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture, folding with rubber spatula until well-combined. Let cool enough to handle.
4. Oil hands; form mixture into 15 evenly-sized balls, pressing firmly. – NewsCanada