24 people hospitalised in UK after toxic fumes at hotel spa


Twenty four people, including children, were taken to a hospital after they were exposed to toxic fumes at a hotel spa in Hampshire, southeast England, a newspaper reported.

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire Rescue Service was alerted to the Solent Hotel and Spa in Whiteley to deal with a “large-scale incident” at 8.44 p.m. on Monday, Xinhua news agency quoted the Evening Standard newspaper report as saying on Tuesday.

An accidental mix of chemicals created a poisonous gas chlorine, local fire rescue team said.

Children were among those taken to hospital, said the newspaper.